Join Our Team: 5 Star Marketing & Distribution Now Hiring Administrative Assistant
5 Star Marketing & Distribution has an exciting opportunity to join our team as an administrative assistant. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and a high level of comfort with computers.
This position will be 24–30 hours per week. Our business hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., and we are offering a flexible schedule for the administrative assistant.
- Communicate with clients via email and phone to collect ad materials and coordinate the ad proofing process
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Proofread ads, brochures, tourism guides, and other publications
- Prepare, edit, and proofread company communications, such as memos, emails, proposals, and other correspondence
- Maintain client database for effective use of contact management tools
- Written and oral communication: Demonstrating professionalism, tact, and customer service in all communications with clients and coworkers
- Typing and data entry: Preparing, editing, and updating all documents with high levels of accuracy and efficiency
- Organization skills: Ability to maintain digital and physical files; create and update status reports (in Google Sheets); prioritize tasks; and adhere to multiple, competing deadlines
- Proofreading: Excellent command of spelling, grammar, and number accuracy; ability to catch errors and inconsistencies in language and formatting; willingness to query errors/inconsistencies with tact; ability to mark corrections using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Computer proficiency: Proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook and Word; Adobe Acrobat; and Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets is required; experience using Constant Contact, WordPress, and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of administrative experience in an office environment (preferred) or coursework in word processing and general office procedures in lieu of experience
ABOUT 5 STAR MARKETING & DISTRIBUTION:
The mission of 5 Star Marketing & Distribution is to bring northern Wisconsin and Upper Peninsula businesses the exposure they deserve. Our magazines Up North Action and Up North Home Showcase and our other print marketing products reach more than three million readers each year. Our digital product offerings to allow us to precisely target audiences and provide cost-effective brand development and customer engagement solutions to our clients.
5 Star Marketing & Distribution is located in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and résumé highlighting your related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Post